Zhero recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to do the same.
ZHERO GREEN POLICY
At Zhero we are very conscious of our green footprint, especially since as IT providers we often have to deal with large amounts of electronic waste that is sometimes difficult to recycle. However, the electronic waste-management industry is growing rapidly so we ensure that our green policy is periodically reviewed to include new recycling guidelines for electronic waste.
Here is what we are attempting to do with regards to minimising our green footprint as much as we can and as much as is possible in our profession.
MOVING TOWARDS A PAPERLESS OFFICE
We currently run an almost paperless office; nothing that can be conveyed electronically is printed unless absolutely necessary. Scrap paper is shredded and recycled wherever appropriate.
We pledge to:
- Further minimise the use of paper in the office.
- Make use of non-wasteful packaging.
- Buy recycled and recyclable paper products.
- Reuse and recycle all paper where possible.
BECOMING MORE ENERGY EFFICIENT
IT equipment generates heat and requires cooling to ensure optimum performance. We only use approved cooling systems and ensure that they are as energy-efficient as possible.
We pledge to:
- Further reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Switch off lights and electrical equipment when not in use.
- Use heating judiciously with energy-efficiency in mind.
- Consider energy consumption and efficiency when purchasing new products.
SAVING TRAVEL MILES
Our support services are primarily remote and offsite. Wherever it is necessary for us to travel to a customer site our engineers try and go there by public transport whenever possible.
We pledge to:
- Promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/ phone conferencing.
- Promote the use of public transport and bicycles.
DISPOSING WASTE RESPONSIBLY
We currently recycle the usual waste materials that an office produces and make use of a local sorting centre where waste is divided into various groups and disposed of in accordance with municipal guidelines.
We pledge to continue to:
- Ship our e-waste to a licensed and accredited institution for proper disposal.
- Donate serviceable components in good repair to charities or schools.
- Use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
PROMOTING A GREEN CORPORATE CULTURE
We have tried to involve all staff in the implementation of this policy and will continue to do so. We are committed to providing staff with the relevant environmental training. We will also endeavour to work with suppliers, contractors and sub-contractors to improve their environmental performance.
- We will comply with and exceed all relevant regulatory requirements.
- We will continually improve and monitor our environmental performance.
- We will continually improve and reduce our environmental impact.
- We will incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- We will increase employee awareness through training.
- We will review this policy and any related business issues at our monthly management meetings.